May 17, 2009

Friday figure drawing and House commission

Here is the color study for the house commission. Today I will take more photos of the landscappe and get started on drawing the image on the larger canvas.









Another couple of sketches from our Friday figure session. I found that after about four years of painting I am no longer a line person. Forms are now much easier to identify and use and reference in building a 2-D image. In addition, it has been my practice to mess around with a very overdone gesture to find the form. On Friday I made myself slow down and make more deliberate lines, what a difference! Much less wasted energy and more accuracy from the beginning. Thank goodness we improve with effort!!!

1 comment:

tlchang said...

Fun to see the double figures in those sketches.

Next time, I want you to walk me through your new deliberate line approach..?