January 6, 2006

Happy New Year

2006...
Is anyone else amazed at how quickly life streams by us. The busier we are the faster the days go by. For the past fourteen years I have been a stay at home mom I managed my time somewhat haphazardly but was able to get quite a bit done. Just this September I chose to go back to work part time, part time turned into 32 hours a week outside the home and 10 hours a week minimum in the studio. Now it seems time screams by at the speed of light. Fortunately I am still home by the time my kids are home from school. But I find myself questioning my motives for working. I weigh the pros and cons and wonder if I am doing myself and my family a disservice. I am working on finding the answer.

1 comment:

tlchang said...

Michelle - I'm still thinking that you could manage your outside job if you could really keep the hours *part-time*... Insist that you REALLY can't do more than 20 hours a week? (or whatever total you think would be reasonable). And that total may include your teaching time. You'd be able to manage a bit of life, and time with your family that way. At least you'd have more energy and flexibility.

I guess the other factor is the money part. How much do you really *need* at this point? Is it worth the trade-off of time? If you can afford not to be at the spa so many hours, maybe you can keep encouraging them to get another part-timer *soon*, so that you can cut back (or eliminate if you wish, or if classes pick up, etc...) to a couple times a week. That might feel like a better balance for you...

I'm really interested to see how this is going to work for me - all three classes are a 'go' (drat...), plus LOOMING deadlines... hurray for the money - boo for the the time crunch.