April 2, 2007

Finally back


Well... as you may have noticed I haven't posted in a while. There has been a lot happening at my house. My husband has an exciting new job, I've been working on three illustration projects and trying to keep up with the painting. Fortunately everything has gone smoothly, it's just taken me a long time to get photos of the latest paintings.
This little composition is one of my favorites. The colors are so cheerful. It makes me think of all the flowers blooming in the spring. Everywhere I turn in the garden there are new buds mixed in with the crocus, daffodils, tulips and cherry blossoms.
I know I've said it before, but hooray for Spring!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a darling painting! I love the little cockatoo vase. It makes for a great composition, with him looking at the cherry blossoms.
I'm glad spring is here too. Now if we would just stop having freaky hail storms. But I guess that's part of spring too.
I'm glad to hear that you are keeping busy and that all is well--see you next week!

Anita said...

This new painting is very nice indeed, Michelle! You have a great talent!