March 29, 2010

Leaving on Thursday...


First Stop Paris...

Ok, here's a confession.  Some of you already know this, but I am not a spontaneous person.  Terms used to describe people like me;  creature of habit, timid traveler, control freak (on my worst days!)...
 
So I  have been challenged in a multitude of different ways planning this trip.  Let's just say I can't just "wing it".  Some interesting things I learned while being my own travel agent:  on google if you want to see what your hotel looks like in Paris, just type in the address, click on maps, then click on satellite, you can zoom so far in that you can literally walk the streets.  To do this you drag the little icon of the person down to the street you want to see, voila, you are there.  One hundred years or more ago, you would have opened your Baedeker (travel guide) and read about your destination and opened the map. 
The internet is an amazing tool.  I have a couple of hours in Paris before my buddy Cindy arrives, so by doing a little sleuthing on google, I discovered there is an amazing museum just around the corner from my hotel, the Musee Jacquemart-Andre.  For about $15 I can buzz over and look at amazing paintings while I wait for Cindy. 

Super Cool!

More later...


No comments: