April 14, 2010

Another beautiful day...


Lots of walking again today.  I climbed some twisty stairs to the ruins of a castle overlooking Nice. It's called Parc de la Colline du Chateau.  The view of the town is breathtaking especially on such a gorgeous day.  Afterwards I wandered in the fruit and flower market resisting the temptation to buy plants!  From there grabbed what is considered fast food here, a bagette with tomatoes, basil and mozarella cheese, yum, then headed back to my room for lunch and a nap.
Later in the afternoon I hiked over to the Musee des Beaux-Arts to look at some lovely 19th century and some older paintings and sculptures.  One particular artist I found intriguing was work by Gustave Adolphe Mossa.  Strange but lovely.
One more day to see Nice then on to Dordogne and to meet Ken.  Yay!

No comments: