April 3, 2010

Day 2

Well, the trip started off with a bang. I thought I’d lost Cindi and she thought she’d lost me and my family thought I was stranded in Amsterdam. Needless to say, the next trip I take I will splurge and buy a cell phone that works internationally. Turns out we were both in the same hotel, when Cindi checked I was already checked in but they somehow they said I wasn’t checked in and gave her another room (which they are not charging us for because they were completely incompetent!) Long story… the good news is we found each other this morning and managed to have a truly amazing day. We began with a nice little breakfast in a café then headed for the Musee Jacquemart Andre. It’s a lovely “smaller” museum housed in a beautiful mansion. The paintings included work by Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Boucher, Boticelli, Tiepolo… more than I can remember. The rooms were decorated with the original furniture, tapestries, Persian carpets, all of which was stunning. I was in heaven! Next we happened upon St. Augustine church. Such a lovely brooding place with gorgeous stained glass windows and statues of Mary, the saints and many angels.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Hi Mom!!!! those pictures are GORGEOUS!!!! Guess you cant call yourself a fraidy cat anymore :) keep up the braveness! I loooove you :) xoxo

Ellie said...

Say hi to cindi for me :) and dont forget to email me!

Patrice Moriarity Crawford said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos!

Unknown said...

Your story reminds me of a trip I took with a girlfriend to Mexico- we were supposed to meet up at the airport, our flights were off and we spent the first day trying to find each other. But we ended up doing a lot of adventuring on that trip-- it was often the discoveries along the way rather than the parts of the trip that we planned that were the most memorable.