April 27, 2010

Getting a little travel weary...


Ok, someone upstairs is looking out for me because it has been the most amazing weather.  My friend Jo says she spent two weeks in the rain camping to see the castles.  Wish I could send some of the sun back in time so Jo could have seen some of the colors!

This morning I went to Chateau Amboise, what can I say, more beauty.

Then after a little nap, I headed for the chateau where Da Vinci spent the last three years of his life.  That one had me in tears too.  Later I'll show you his garden.

One more day of adventure, then coming home.  I'm ready to wake up in my very own bed and see familiar lovely faces!!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello world traveler! Once again, great pics! Love the fireplace and the rural homes from the train. Looking forward to your return. I was just curious as to when class resumes? Hopefully we can do lunch once you get back into the swing of life in Bothell. Enjoy your least few hours in France and safe travels. Christy

tlchang said...

Mmmm - what a great stained glass shot!

Patrice Moriarity Crawford said...

The photos are awesome again! I love the stained glass window, so beautiful!!

You have had amazing luck with the weather, those blue skies add so much to the pix, not to mention how the sunny days are so good for you!

I completed my assignments! :-D

Patrice Moriarity Crawford said...

Ooops! I forgot to mention I love the gargoyle spouts coming off the castle tower!!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

lovely photos- glad to have found your blog.

Keeper of the Cook said...

Wow! What totally AWESOME pics, man! Those are incredible locations and the lighting is perfect! Very cool!